
Zeth is terrified of Santa Claus. I don't remember ever doing a Santa photo as a family before so I figured it was about time we tried something new for the kids. Sitting down next to the jolly ol' guy was no easy feat as Zeth twisted and squirmed to get as far away from the big red & white furball as he could. I love the constipated look on Santa's face as he sat merrily twiddling his thumbs. Now I remember why we never wasted $$ on this sort of thing before. Too funny.
Today is one of my very very best friend's 40th birthday. I just want to give a shout out to one of my favorite people and wish her a very happy birthday. All 40 of those things I wrote on your gift were true. Yes, even #23.
Last week we had another major storm dump on our island only this time there was a lot more rain compounded with debris washed down from the mountains blocking a couple of key sewage drains. Our little community had some of the worst flooding in recorded history. There were numerous homes with 2-4 feet of water inside. Luckily our home is high enough and were spared from any flooding or damage. We're counting our blessings and praying for all our friends who lost just about everything.

Last night we were doing sit ups as a family and Zeth decided to join us. He laid on the ground, put his hands on top of his head and began doing butt lifts next to his sister. It was just too cute. Then he demonstrated a new trick which just came out of nowhere but his own natural athletic instincts. He began throwing the soccer ball up and bouncing it off the top of his head. Just one bounce for now but we were stunned that he would even think to do that with such a big object at this point.A happy shot from last week at Zana's year-end gymnastics recital.
I've almost conceded that I'm not going to get around to sending out Christmas cards this year. We've had house guests for the past week who will leave tonight after we host our FHE gang dinner and program in our home. My parents arrive tomorrow night and I'm just not sure what I'll end up being able to accomplish in the next week so if you don't hear from me via the USPS, please don't think I've forgotten about you. Much love! xoxox
2 comments:
That is the single best family photo with Santa I've ever seen!! Oh, Kimber that is one for the Book of Remembrance! lol.
You have such a beautiful family. Merry Christmas!
I hear ya. My son is telling me (at 6) that the Santa in the mall isn't the real Santa, but he works for him. :)
Post a Comment