
At my insistence, we went to the "50th State Fair" last weekend with the kids. It's been years since either Ram or I had been to a fair and this was the first time we took the kids (actually we took Zana to a farm fair when she was an infant but that really doesn't count.). Anyway, I wanted our kids to have that as a fun childhood memory so we sucked it up and splurged on the ride tickets and just had a fun time.
Outside of a spinning dragon
Inside of a spinning dragon
Little kids spinning out of control.
Big Kid having a roll.We watched some pig races, flying Russian acrobats, pet some goats, saw a Disney TV star from a show I'd never heard of but Zana knew her instantly, ate funnel cake & cotton candy and rode a bunch of rides. I never realized just how expensive carnival rides can be and now I understand why my parents bribed us each with the choice of either 1-ride or a 1/2 gal of ice cream all to ourselves after the fair. Naturally they made the ice cream option too irresistible to pass up. Therefore, one of my happy childhood memories is after strolling through the exhibit tents at the fair sitting around the dining room table with my siblings each with a large silver spoon digging into our own favorite flavor of frozen decadence in front of us. I think mine was usually Rainbow Sherbert for some reason. I am way too indulgent and that probably wouldn't fly with my overly-gratified kids today. Maybe I could bribe Zana with Spam Musubi or crepes or Mochi ice cream balls or Lunchables or something I usually say NO to in the grocery store.
But the point was that we actually had a blast riding the rides together which is novel since we don't have amusement parks here that we can get our thrills on otherwise. We really are overdue for a Disneyland trip of some sort. Maybe next year...
2 comments:
Disneyland 2010!!!!
I guess Zana knew her tooth was on it's way out after all.... *toofless grin*
You can join me for my birthday this Oct for a trip to Disneyland. I'm planning on doing the free birthday thing.
(for some strange reason I just had the idea of riding my bike to O.C. in time for that!)
Post a Comment