Zeth: Is Auntie Maeva going to shoot Zana?
Me: No, she won’t shoot Zana.
Zeth: Does Auntie Maeva shoot people?
Me: No, Auntie doesn’t shoot people.
Zeth: Why?
Me: Because it’s wrong to shoot people and it’s just not nice so she wouldn’t do it.
Zeth: Will she shoot me?
Me: No, Auntie definitely won’t shoot you.
Zeth: Uncle Jared shoots people.
Me: (starting to understand where this is all coming from now) Did you see Uncle Jared give Anuhea a shot yesterday?
Zeth: Yes, he shoots people like the doctors.
Me: Anuhea needs to get her medicine every day to fight the cancer in her cheek. That shot is helping her cancer go away.
Zeth: I don’t have cancer. See mommy, my face is really little.
Me: You’re right; you don’t have cancer so you won’t get shot today.
Zeth: OK.
Zana had a fabulous 8th birthday last Sunday. We had dinner & a sleep-over Sunday night with 4 of her girlfriends (Anuhea, Teal, Tahina & Taysia). Monday morning I took all five of the girls down to the Ice Palace to go skating. Anuhea just finished her 7th round of chemotherapy and is pretty frail from all the hospital time she's had during the past 5 months but a couple hours of ice skating really helped raise her energy levels and her spirits back up. She's an inspiration to all of us. All of the girls improved dramatically during their time on the ice. I was grateful for the stability on the ice I've managed to retain from all the Saturday mornings I spent with my BFF Darcy at the CM ice rink back in the 80's. I was able to help keep Zana and Anuhea vertical by holding their hands most of the time and that made it more fun for them. The rest of the girls were pretty good skating on their own but my little A-team could use some more frequent practice. :) The last time Zana laced up the skates was 2-years ago on her 6th birthday. The girls all got along splendidly the whole time (with the exception of Teal trying to keep everyone up in the dark after 1a) didn't want the party to end so they all just stayed with us through the evening since we were hosting FHE and the families were coming over anyway. It ended up being a 27-hour-long birthday party. We are all exhausted today!
Tonight Zana has her first piano recital. She'll be playing Angels We Have Heard On High and Purple Cow. She's so ready for this. I'm thrilled that she is enjoying her piano lessons.
** Post Script note, click here to view a short clip of one of her pieces from the recital.
I was so distracted watching her & her brother that I forgot to start recording on her first song and nearly missed the second one.
No comments:
Post a Comment