Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kindle Insanity

Kindle
I’m getting recognized for Fifteen years of service at BYUH this year. Every five years we get a benchmark recognition and gift of our choice. For Christmas I really only had two things that I seriously wanted on my list and the Amazon Kindle e-reader was at the top of that list. Second was a dining room table & chairs so we can get rid of the old garage sale hodgepodge we’ve had for the past 12+ years. But that’ll have to wait a while longer. However, much to my delight I learned today that for my 15 years of service award I can select pretty much anything our Bookstore can order (within a set price range) so I was thrilled to put in my order for a Kindle this morning. Now begins the 2-month wait until the big Faculty & Staff Spring Fling dinner where they hand out the prizes. It’s like waiting for Christmas all over again - but better!

Insanity
This morning I went to my second Insanity workout held at our chapel at 4:45a. Not familiar with Insanity? It’s the latest flavor or bust your butt super high intensity aerobic workout craze sweeping the nation. My first experience last week was fun. I learned that a novice like me who is basically active & healthy still should show some restraint when starting something new and should definitely not push herself during the ‘around-the-globe-jump-squats’ series! I thought I was up to the challenge and wanted to get enough bang for my buck after hauling myself out of bed in the middle of the night so I pushed it a little harder than I should have apparently. I pretty much felt like an overstretched jellyfish by the time I got home. By the time I got out of the shower, my calves cramped up and I couldn’t walk normally for the next 4 days.

So a week later I’m back to normal, had a couple good runs on the treadmill Tues & Wed to work out the rest of the kinks and was back at Insanity at 4:45 Thurs morning. It went much better today. I was actually listening to my body and respecting its boundaries better this time. Lots of squat moves today but I modified and went low intensity more frequently and still got a great workout. This time I can feel the effects a little higher up my legs but it’s a good feeling.

Today at work I did an update for a new employee named: Chan-Ting Kao. I love the Chinese and their awesome names.

1 comment:

Alloro said...

Yay!!! How fun for you. I have Kindle envy. :)