Last night I had 3 heaping loads of clean laundry lurking in my room so I gathered the family and organized a ‘family folding party.’ Loads and loads of fun. Napless Zeth had been up playing with friends all day and was as cranky as he could be until suddenly Zana provided distracting entertainment by putting some of Zeth’s underware on her head and declared herself ‘Unda Girl’. Sadly no picture, she’ll thank me for that later. The only difference between folding laundry and having a laundry party is attitude and happily last night it worked.
Monday, April 11, 2011
April Fools
Last Friday morning Zeth did not want to wake up. I finally got him to speak, with his eyes closed, and the first thing out of his mouth was, “I love my big bed mommy. Can I take it to school?” He has a full sized bed so I naturally responded, “No, it’s too big to fit in my car.” He smartly responded, “I’ll help you! I don’t like the little mats in my class, I like my big cozy bed .” He really is a little BIG man already.
Last night I had 3 heaping loads of clean laundry lurking in my room so I gathered the family and organized a ‘family folding party.’ Loads and loads of fun. Napless Zeth had been up playing with friends all day and was as cranky as he could be until suddenly Zana provided distracting entertainment by putting some of Zeth’s underware on her head and declared herself ‘Unda Girl’. Sadly no picture, she’ll thank me for that later. The only difference between folding laundry and having a laundry party is attitude and happily last night it worked.
For April Fools Day this year a couple of my friends and I dressed up for a ball – at work all day. I claimed the title of Ms. Tahiti Black Pearl. It was fun to pull out most of my black pearl collection and just give them all some fresh air time. I just can’t pass on an opportunity to dress up for a good cause.
Last night I had 3 heaping loads of clean laundry lurking in my room so I gathered the family and organized a ‘family folding party.’ Loads and loads of fun. Napless Zeth had been up playing with friends all day and was as cranky as he could be until suddenly Zana provided distracting entertainment by putting some of Zeth’s underware on her head and declared herself ‘Unda Girl’. Sadly no picture, she’ll thank me for that later. The only difference between folding laundry and having a laundry party is attitude and happily last night it worked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When we had smallish kids (actually about the same age as yours) I would have "folding parties" all the time. I'd get my fancy silver platter that we NEVER used, put dixie cups of lemonade on it, and we'd set it in the bedroom and dump all the laundry out on the bed. Every few minutes we'd take a break to "party" and drink a few sips of our beverage. So fancy!
It worked for a few years, but then one day they said "mommy, folding laundry isn't a party!"
Oh well, fun while it lasted :-)
Post a Comment