Earlier this month, Zana’s Tahitian dance group, Oriata, got a regular gig at a local resort doing a 30-minute show in the hotel lobby every Friday evening at 6p. The dancers aren’t going to get paid at this point because that would just be a nightmare to facilitate but the experience & exposure the group is getting is priceless. They just started working on expanding the show to include Hawaiian and Maori (New Zealand) dances as well. Zana is a naturally gifted dancer – that’s not just her momma talkin either. I’m envious how quickly she picks up dances and retains the motions. It just comes naturally for her. I’m usually too busy helping with costume changes during the show to worry about taking pictures or videos but we’ll have some soon I hope.
Zeth snapped this picture of us. He loves playing with the camera.
The kids had a blast. It was more fun watching our little groupies dancing & going nuts than the band, though they were decent, but it made me feel old as I walked out with a headache from the loud music being blasted over a sound system not designed for that kind of accoustical assault. Anything for the kids!
This month Zeth learned how to swing without being pushed, work a yo-yo, dance a Tahitian Paoti (the boys chicken-legs dance move) and untune a guitar. I'm not anxious for him to learn how to say 'adults' yet so for now I remain, happily, a 'redult'. Milestones.
Last month we finally bought our first real, new, matching dining room table & chairs.
1 comment:
I realized I've been lame about commenting on your blog because I so often just read in Reader. Anyway, the table looks awesome and I love your writing and how you're documenting the highlights of your life...even if some of them are low points.
I miss you like I haven't seen you in years! Need to just come over again for a couple days sometime!
~Blue ♥
Post a Comment