
Several news stations here were talking about Chinese New Year both last night and this morning so I guess I was only half listening as they were demonstrating pounding poi mochi and assumed today was Chinese New Year. I was actually aware that yesterday was the new moon but failed to remember that the CNY begins on the second new moon following the winter solstice. So I jumpped the gun and put on my red Chinese blouse and wished everyone Gung Hee Fat Choy all morning and was all excited about it being 'my year' of the rat again. My exuberance was burst when my Chinese co-worker broke the news that I'm a month off. Oh well, it's still a good day! Good karma...good karma.

Today is special for baby Zeth who is now 4-months old. What's new with Zeth you wonder? Well I'll tell ya, this boy is growing fast. He is a little chatterbox and likes to give lengthy orations of his views on life. He's a smiler and a flirt. He likes to raise his eyebrows, giggle and grin so big he melts your heart.

He is a thumb & finger sucker who no longer tolerates pacifiers. He is mastering all the drooling and chompping associated with teething. He is working on rolling over and has done it a few times but usually runs out of space as he pushes himself to the edge or into a corner before actually flipping over still. He has succeeded at stuffing half his fist in his mouth and shows no signs of intending on stopping there. He is just adored by his big sister and parents.

Zana has been on Winter Break since 12/21 and keeps asking me if she can stay home from school every morning. She gets so elated when I say yes. It's gonna be tough to have to say no next Monday when school starts again. This 3+ week break is confusing to a kindergartner. She likes her school, class & teacher but is not a morning person - she's so much like me. I wish I could wake up with a smile on my face like Zeth but I rarely wake up rested so smiling isn't the first thing on my lips or in my mind in the morning...until I see that cute baby staring up at me.
Zana has spent much of her winter break learning how to play new video games - oh joy! - and helping our babysitter with Zeth. She actually ate a few shreads of lettuce last night which is no small deal for her. She's a regular shrimp junkie and loves going to the local shrimp shack for garlic butter shrimp - oooh-la-la! She's been stretching out and working on her straddle for gymnastics which also starts up again next week. It's been a fun break for her but I'm ready for her mind to get back to work.

She has somehow slipped into a habit of crawling into my bed and shoving me to the middle lately. It was sweet for a while but more and more I'm finding it hard to sleep between the two buldozers snoring in my ears. Time to get to the root of the issue on the "I had a bad dream" kid. I carry her back to her bed often but she keeps coming back. She says she needs someone to sleep with and I can see her rationale - I have both daddy and the baby in the crib with me but she has nobody. Soon enough, Zeth will be in her room and she'll be crawling into his crib at night to snore in his ears. :) I sometimes wonder if it's her snoring or maybe mild sleep apnea that is waking her up.

SWAK!!
1 comment:
Great update! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment