Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update on nothing in particular

January is flying by and I haven't made an entry for 20 days so it's time for a short update on our month and more pictures at the very least. Here's our little macho man pumping up with some pushups.

Zana had a stellar quarterly report at her parent-teacher conference this month. She's ahead of the curve on reading and writing and is "a joy" in her class. Her teacher had nothing negative to say about her at all. We already knew she was a bright girl. So thrilled to hear that kind of news from an outside objective source.

Here she is modelling the latest hot geriatric swim fashions with a friend.

Zeth had a great 4-month doctor appt. Weighed in at a healthy 15.3 lbs and 25" long - just above average. The slight heart murmer his doctor heard at 2-months was not detectable this month but then again Zeth was extremely excited and was attempting to kick the doctor over. He wailed like he was being assaulted during his shots. This boy doesn't have a soft cry - he lets everyone know when he's uncomfortable.

He stunned the nursing staff with his ability to hold his own bottle at barely 4 months old. He is determined to do what it takes to quaff down whatever he can. Poor guy had the runs for 2 weeks. The Doc said to let it run itself out but I finally tried feeding him just a little mashed banana and that did the trick! Back to normal the very next day! :)

I've been battling an endless cold since mid-December. It changes symptoms practically every day and has been challenging my will to continue training for the annual 13k fun run I do every President's Day. This will be my 8th year in the race and I'm determined not to give up. Wish me luck. It's been crazy trying to keep up with everything this month for some reason but it hasn't kept us off the beach any!

Ram is always inspiring me to go run.
Once apon a time we used to go running early in the morning together. Now we usually take turns going for morning runs because of the kids. It's not as fun as going together but then again, he runs faster than I like to. So now I get to cruise at my own pace and sing along to country music on my Ipod.

Once the 'fun run' is over, I'll be back in the pool doing what I do best again. For anyone reading this in a location that is sub-freezing today, my deepest condolences. :D

3 comments:

Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Great update again - I love the pics!

Anonymous said...

fyi, it was frigid here today. i slept, wrote, did cub scouts, made dinner, went to a meeting, talked on the phone and now i'm going to bed. notice what ISN'T on the above list???

i wish i was more like you! i don't understand why i can't get myself to just follow your stellar fitness example and get my butt in the groove every day. you are inspiring...i'm just not following through on my end.

the pics are awesome. that zana is beyond gorgeous. and I can't believe how much zeth's grown since we first saw him. that was such an awesome experience for me to share with you, btw. thanks again for including me! ♥