Friday, May 8, 2009

May Day-May Day

May Day celebrations are a big deal ‘round here. This morning was Zana’s elementary school’s annual May Day performance. Her school's tradition is that the 1st graders usually dance a Tahitian number and this year they didn’t fail to thrill the packed house with their energetic dances. I uploaded two short video segments on YouTube If you want to catch a glimpse of any of our videos, the bold green words like this in any of my entries are a hyperlink to view said videos. And here's part two. Just click on the green words and step into my world. She was asked to do one of the solo dances but decided she was too shy so they put her at the front of one of the lines anyway and (in this completely non-biased enamored mother's opinion) she danced beautifully. Love that darling little animated girl. I just couldn’t resist this shot of Zeth’s perfect executive deliberation pose before waking him up last Friday May 1st. He fell asleep in a dress shirt after taking portraits the night before. It was just such a corporate look for him. Love that little guy.
Our church boundary includes a senior citizen’s apartment complex so we have a lot of elderly widows & widowers in our ward. This past Tuesday, 5/5/09, we held a special Mother’s Day dinner in their behalf and I was asked by our Relief Society president to perform a number as part of the entertainment. Specifically, she wanted me to dance Beyonce’s, All the Single Ladies which is a rather ambitious number for anyone to try to reproduce. But I gathered an all-star cast of dancers and we had fun with our rendition of it. I am grateful to my husband, daughter and friends Uncle H & his two daughters for making our little number fun. Lots 'o performing this week.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Zana is soo pretty in her Tahitian outfit. She is so adorable. I can't wait to see the video of her performance. Love Zeth pose while sleeping so cute. wow I really want to see that Beyonce performance you go girl.