Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Copacetic

The word of the day today, according to Doctor Dictionary, is copacetic \koh-puh-SET-ik\. It means very satisfactory or fine and it's a timely reminder that despite everything that could go wrong, Heavenly Father knows what he's doing and everything will work out just fine.

I woke up this morning at 5:00 to Zeth's voice rising up out of his crib. He wasn't hungry, he just needed to jump on my lap for a few minutes then was content to go back to sleep. He woke up an hour later in his normal adorable smiley temperament ready for a bottle. Somehow while getting us both ready for the day, a little dose of fear crept into my mind that we could still lose this baby during our ongoing adoption finalization process and it just about broke my heart thinking about it. It made me appreciate our birth mothers all over again and the feelings they must have had the day they handed the ultimate gift of life & love to us.

I just need to remember not to doubt that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me always; That He will always provide me the opportunities and experiences that are best for me to progress and prove myself worthy to return to him someday. In the end, all will be copacetic.

My heart goes out to my extended family today who are mourning the loss of my great uncle, Kirk Browning, who passed away peacefully yesterday in NY. He lived a full and long life and while I didn't get to know him personally in this life, I look forward to that opportunity eventually when our family is no longer separated by so many miles in heaven. My thoughts are with you all.

On a brighter note, last night Zeth uttered his 'official' first word... "Mama" :) Ram heard it first then he repeated it for me so it's official and now I get to gloat. Zana's first word was "Dada" and Ram hasn't let any of us forget it. So thank you Zeth for levelling the playing field and giving a point to Mama!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's so cute! I wonder what my first word was...I really can't remember.

Kimber said...

It was probably UNO! :)

hapuai2000 said...

My first word was probably 'titi', I was always hungry I guess.

Hapuai2000