
Zeth is 5 months old today and there are a few milestones to note. He is getting very close to being able to sit up but still falls over after a few seconds on his own. He can roll over from tummy to back and turn himself around pretty quickly now. He has even rolled from his back to his tummy a few times which takes more coordination than the reverse. In addition to his push ups, he's working on his crunches more and more, always trying to sit up in his car seat pushing against the straps holding him back. He loves doing squats, jumpping up & down now too. He's real quick to grab any hair that comes within reach and vice-grips it as he attempts to reel it into his mouth. All very typical baby behaviors but the one thing that really stands out is how he belly-laughs almost daily at us. He loves to laugh and smile and squeal at us. He's such a joy to interact with.
He is starting to form words a little more clearly now. This morning around 5:30a I heard him stirring then in the silent darkness I heard him say "Hellooo" - which probably came out a little more like 'ell-ohh' but it made me laugh cause in my mind it was just like him saying "Hello! Is anybody out there?? I'd like to get up now!" Nobody else heard it so it's the unofficial first word in my book but daddy won't count it unless he hears it too.

I went for a run late this morning. It's just one week til my 13k 'fun run' and I'm not feeling ready at all this year. But I'm not letting that sway me. I'll get through it somehow but I'm not banking on beating my time again like I've done every year for the past 7 years. Anyway, during my run today, there were butterflies everywhere. Monarchs, little yellow and white ones - like there was a convention going on or something. It was like nothing I've ever seen here - just so many of them all over the place. It was really fun running up in the hills overlooking the town I live in and the ocean surrounding us with butterflies floating all over frolicking in the beautiful morning.
3 comments:
Awesome! I love butterflies!
i can't believe it's been 5 months since i saw you. oh, and zeth too. missin' you!
♥ blue
Post a Comment