Monday, February 18, 2008

Fun Run

It was a warm February morning as I crept out of the house at 4:30a.m. to pick up my girlfriends and tear up the asphalt with 20,000 other fun-loving healthy souls. The 8.15 mile Great Aloha Run turned out to be kind to me again this year. I was able to run the whole way - with the exception of quick water breaks. I paced myself really well and managed to just go at a nice relaxed 10 min mile pace rather than trying to keep up with people here & there thus wearing myself out like usual.

I barely missed my annual goal of improving upon my previous year's time - by a mere 11 seconds. But I'm still pretty proud of my 1:28:36 finish time and just for finishing the race again.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's awesome! I usually can't keep up a good pace either.

Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

it's almost march (and it is already in new york!), so my blogging hiatus is over and you're my lucky first comment.

all i have to say is WAY TO GO KA-SLIMB!!! You be look'n awesome!

♥ blue