Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's a Crepe, It's a Cake

It's Big-R's birthday today. What do you feed a French man on his birthday? Chocolate-Banana Crepe-Cake naturallement! Even though R hardly ever eats breakfast, I sponged a brilliant idea from my sis yesterday (thanks J) as she served her hubby crepes for his birthday breakfast. (Happy Belated B!) So how do you make a classic crepe-cake you ask? I will show you.
First you grill up some medium sized crepes.

Start stacking layering with butter and Nutella (oh yeah!) and bananas.

Notice how the smell of hot crepes cooking draws out even the sleepiest of customers.

Get at least 9-12 layers built up and top with whipped cream.

Sing Happy Birthday real quick, Slice and Indulge!

Bon Anniversaire Daddy! Bon Appetit! Try not to fall asleep at work after you crash down from the sugar high!

Also, I'd like to wish a very happy 0th birthday to my newest nephew Iosua about to be born sometime today to Tati Marau & Mark in Tahiti. Can't wait to meet you!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I LOVE crepes....

Laura's Linoleum said...

Mmmmmm. Looks good! I think another craving is coming on....

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

i thought i'd left this comment...don't know where it would have gone. anyway, here is that 48 layer chocolate crepe cake it told you about. yummy! ♥ ~blue