So anyway, yesterday one of our timeclocks stopped working so I went to investigate. I opened the clock up and started performing the routine exam (turn your head and cough...no that's not the one). After a few seconds I noticed something moving around and suddenly a lizard jumps out at me from behind the circuit board. I chased it out of there and it scurried away but in my shaking of the clock, I heard a new noise I didn't recognize. So I completely dismantle the clock and locate the source of the rattling inside the barcode reader cover. Gecko eggs.

I've dismantled and done hardware repairs on over 50 timeclocks over the past decade. (Notice the missing "1" button on the background - that's the Achilles heel of our hardware - a flimsy flexible rubber ring is all that holds the buttons on and they wear out faster than the clock requiring a complete dismantling of the circuit boards inside to replace the faceplate which costs a whopping $45! but I digress) This is not the first time a lizard has infiltrated and used one of my timeclocks as their personal love nest and somehow destroyed a $3,000 machine, but it is the first time one actually laid eggs inside the equipment. After doing an autopsy on one to verify that there were infact viable embryos inside, I gave the remaining 6 eggs to a co-worker with a cockroach problem at home to see if they will hatch into a roach killing brigade.

So where do babies come from? Well, sometimes they come from the inside of a timeclock.
3 comments:
wow. just wow. they looked like candies to me at first. so random!
♥, blue
That is weird! I hope they'll serve a good purpose catching roaches...
I wish geckos could flourish here in Nor Cal. I have some cockroaches that need nixing. That is so funny! I wish I was there to experience it w/ y'all.
Post a Comment