
I've been eating lots of juicy mangos and spending lots of time in the pool with my girlfriends during lunch breaks lately and am just soaking up summer like a sponge.
I went on a fieldtrip with Zana's Summer Fun program to the local ice rink. It was her first time on skates and I didn't want to miss that. I spent many-a-Saturday ice skating with my best friend as a youth and still love the feeling of adrenaline as I fly across the ice. Luckily I managed to stay vertical the whole time even with 2-3 kids hanging on to me during the activity. We had a pretty good time but Zana was frustrated and obviously needs a lot more 1-on-1 time on the ice before she'll learn to love it like I do. Here she is with some friends during an ice resurfacing break.

Zeth is a Perfect 10-months old today! Holding steady at 19.5 lbs for the past few weeks, he is toddering around more and more every day. He can take about 10-steps now before toppling over. Still no teeth but it hasn't deterred him from his favorite activity - eating. Whatever we're eating, he wants it. Here's one recent typical meal if you have a few minutes. He's a little chatter box and loves to go into long narrations of non-sensical babbling and wrestling with Zana who is still his favorite person to laugh hysterically with.

This darling boy is a regular thumb sucker who prefers adding a bunch of hair in his fist and sucking on that simultaneously if he can grab some. He still wakes up real loud & angry around 3a for a quick snack but we've been doubling up his bedtime bottles and that seems to knock him out longer usually. He recently discovered how cool toilets are so we're all learning to be vigiliant about keeping the lids down and doors shut to prevent him from dipping his hands into that amazing fountain of youth. I just love being these kid's mom.
3 comments:
have there ever been four prettier girls than these? And WHEW! way to cut it close! I'm so glad all worked out for Zeth. Have a terrific time. When do you return home???
♥ you!
~Blue
Ahhh. The wonderful toilet. I had to replace one after Finelea figured out how to flush. We snaked out a toothbrush, panties, toys, a hairbrush, a comb, toothpaste, a wash cloth, and some makeup all in one afternoon once.... and that still didn't fix it. I hope you never have to encounter that problem! Sounds like you all will have a blast in Tahiti.
I've heard of kids loving the flush but that's one amazing laundry list Laura! Were you able to see the humor in the situation immediately or were you just too shocked to laugh? Made me giggle.
I'll be back from Tahiti in 2-years mentally and 2-weeks physically. It's already going too fast and we're not even there yet!
Post a Comment