Friday, July 11, 2008

But Cud

One particularly exhausting Sunday morning recently I had lost my patience and my temper with Zana over something and after scolding her I knew that I was overly reacting and told her I needed a 'time-out.' She was naturally saddened by the way I was grumpily handling the situation and I can't blame her. After a few minutes of my self-imposed time-out, she came in with a little note and without a word broke the ice.

I was initially a bit offended by her accurate assessment of my current character as I was really portraying whatever a "but cud" might possibly be (use your imagination), but then she turned the note over and showed me the rest of the message.

Guilt, remorse, healing and a great big hug as we started over. I love this amazing little girl. 'I love you because you be nice to me' too Zana. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zana's notes are the best. They're fast becoming legendary. And she has such lovely penmenship. I hope the 1st day of 1st grade went well! ♥
Me

Laura's Linoleum said...

That is so funny! I laughed my head off. I wish I had funny cute notes to help me feel guilty after a blow up. It might help me to have less blow-ups in the future.

Anonymous said...

So cute! My interpretation was a little different: "I love you, but could you be nice to me?" Either way, she's adorable. ~Uncle Brad

Kimber said...

Thanks Doc for bursting my bubble. The thought never occurred to me that 'cud' was actually pronounced 'could.' Duhhh. You are one smart man.

I asked Zana to read me her note last night and sure enough, I was flattering myself with my interpretation. "Because" is a whole lot different than "but could" in this context. I need to remember to use ebonics more often.

Anonymous said...

That's what I thought when I first read the message too. I'm surprised you didn't get it right away, K!

-Bonnie