


Last night after a particularly difficult day for me, I arrived home after 8p to find angels had answered my prayers. The men were both snoozing and Zana was in a perfectly delightful mood. She wrapped her arms around my neck and told me about her day and that she got a new book for homework. So we sat down immediately to get through her homework which she had already completed perfectly and all that remained was to read her new book...three times as instructed by the teacher. It's just a 16-pager which only takes about 2-minutes to get through. She did so without complaining about being tired or wanting to stop after reading it two times or some other excuse - I believe this is the first time that's ever happened.
Then off to the kitchen we went to find something to eat only to discover Ram had made a new curry dish for us just waiting on the stove. The boys woke up and joined us. After dinner back in the kid's room, Zana put on an impromptu concert with her High School Musical soundtrack. Her lip sync coupled with highly-energetic dance moves had both Zeth and I doubled over in laughter. Even Zeth's sore teething gums didn't dampen his spirit and we all had a great giggle together. I wish I could have videoed the scene but didn't want to disrupt a perfect moment to go get the camera so no pictures, just happy memories.



Last Saturday we attended a Families Supporting Adoption regional conference. It was a great event and really helpful, for me especially, to gain perspective on our birth mother's experience, needs and expectations. We so love and appreciate our birth mothers and the example they set for us of selfless charity and Christlike love. We're so proud of them and all they are becoming now and love having them in our lives. Next week Zeth will be one-year-old already and we'll be eligible to apply for another adoption. Haven't decided exactly when we'll be ready for that yet but just knowing the possibility is coming up again is both exciting and daunting.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! I love those pictures on living room soccer - that is adorable! Hope you have a great year!!!
now i'm curious about what Joy said that you deleted it.
sorry it wasn't a perfect day. are birthdays ever any more?
♥ you!
Joy is my dear college friend who is new to my blog and didn't know I am trying to keep our real names and locations discreet. She slipped in a little too much info on her comment and I apologized to her offline and explained myself. Her comment was actually very sweet and here's the part I can share:
Beautiful!!! Beautiful!!!
Oh, what a beautiful set of pictures! I'm so happy to see you are doing well, looking gorgeous, and raising such amazing children.
Post a Comment