Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthdays

I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible about doing/sending things for other people's birthdays. (just one more reason I have no excuse to feel let down by my own) It's not that I forget, in fact, I usually remember and have all sorts of great intentions to send something or call to let people far away from me know that they are still near to my heart and I hope they are happy. I usually remember all day and think about ways I should reach out and just let them know I care. But more times than not, especially if the person is not in the same town as I am, I just let it slip by without a word. Terrible, I know.

It is one of my good intentions I wish I was better about acting on and plan to improve on...someday. I know I'm not alone in this. Everyone is uber busy these days but It's been on my mind a lot lately. Maybe it's just that September has the highest volume of birthdays in my circle of friends. Something about those cold Christmas holidays or New Year's Resolutions had something to do with that I'm sure. hohoho hubba hubba

So here's a belated happy birthday wish to each of you who I failed to send a shout out to recently (or in one nephew's case 2-days from now). Hope you have a great un-birthday today! Please know that I'm thinking of you and sending you warm tropical happy thoughts and that you may be out of sight but definitely not out of mind. :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That cake looks yummy...