Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to School

It's still the middle of the blazing hot summer but our public school system started the fall term this morning. So my darling Zana is a second grader now. She's got a great teacher, great attitude and I'm sure it's going to be a great year for her.
Zeth was very supportive as she left with her new heavily supply-laden backpack and high expectations for the new year. Her face fell when I visited her new classroom an hour later and told her she's now enrolled in the after-school program and to go there starting today. Her greatest desire would be to just go home after school but that's just not possible for a six-year-old with two working parents. Soon enough she'll discover new friends in the program and realize how quickly her time there goes especially since she'll soon be starting another round of late afternoon swim-lessons, piano, Tahitian dance, gymnastics &/or ballet and AYSO soccer during the next month. Busy kid.

3 comments:

Mountain Man said...

She's in 2nd grade already?!?!?! Holy Cr@p! That means she's learning HTML code and basic auto mechanics (or is it now something like microwave repair?) *giggle*
Man I wish I was able to make it out there for a nice vacation for some serious family play time. Now even more than ever I have reason to go - my best friend Nate and his wife just moved out there to start his PHD at U of H. Why do so many great people in my life move to Hawaii!?
Give my little hula girl a hug for me.
Love ya!

Kimber said...

It would be so great to see you here again MM. It's been 16 years, I think you're due.

When you talk to Nate or any of the locals here about the Univ of HI, just leave the "of" out or they'll know you're not in-the-know, you know? It's UH to the kamaaina.

Alloro said...

So cute!! Amazing how fast time goes when you are watching these precious little gifts grow up.