
We took Zana to see Disney's Lion King in Honolulu last night. It was such an incredible performance I'm so glad we did it. If it weren't so dang expensive, I'd love to go see it again. Someday I will. But after nearly missing out completely, because I was a Ticketmaster novice and didn't know how to work their search selections so that it would give me the most affordable tickets available and wasn't about to pay $150 for a ticket, I am glad a friend tipped me off and helped me find the more realistic price range for us.
We had to leave the baby home because even a 2-month old requires a full price ticket. I think that's the only legal way they can discriminate against children coming to the theater - I mean, who's gonna lay down that much dough for an infant to sleep through a performance really!? Zana wanted to sit on my lap the entire performance and although my legs were numb, it was so sweet to just be able to hold her and wax nostalgic about being a parent to such an incredible kid.
Confession time. Laugh if you must but I've always been a cry baby when it comes to large dramatic events. Fireworks shows, concerts, plays, watching children perform in May Day festivals... all make me choke up and get teary-eyed. Yes, I choked up last night when I saw the enormous elephant making his way up to the stage during the Circle of Life scene. Don't know what's up with that but now you know. If you ever catch me crying at a big event, I'll lie and tell you I have a headache because there's just no other rational way to explain the phenom.

3 comments:
It was?!?!?!
you guys look awesome!!! good on you for seeing the show. it's been too many years since i was at a major production...that was a regular part of our lives till we went to Vermont!♥
Post a Comment