Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving


For much of our married life my husband's church calling has been serving in the bishopric of a campus singles ward and this year is no exception. So that means we spent our Thanksgiving this year with the single students in his ward in a large ballroom. Not a very traditional setting but at least there's turkey & stuffing - unlike the other recent years when our local Tahitian community used to all get together on Thanksgiving at a beach park and BBQ chicken & hotdogs.


It always broke my heart to miss out on my traditional US meal so a few years back I found a way around the problem. I'd take off early on Wed and make the whole meal for Thanksgiving Eve and invite our friends over to celebrate the night before the beach party bash. That way I was much more content to go spend the day at the beach enjoying chicken, Tahitian poe and salade russe while playing games and of course Tahitian music jamming and dancing.

Formal dining ... who needs it? Bring on the paper and plastic as long as the food's good, I ain't complaining.

We have so much to be grateful for - starting with 2 of the greatest kids EVER!

No comments: