Caught a glimpse of Zeth's 2 newest dental arrivals. Looks like just in time for Halloween, he'll have 2 full & 2 half teeth to grin at fellow trick-or-treaters with. I have given up looking for a Tigger costume for him. I searched the stores here for weeks and went online but found nothing I liked. I could go with the basic Jack-o-lantern but that's too obvious. I think I'll stick with the ball theme from his 1st birthday and just go simple this year ala NBA or something.

He's dealing with the teeting pain really well. He's his normal jovial self busily climbing up everything he can get a toe on. However, as the night grows long, "take 2 bottles and call me in the morning - around 3a.m." seems to be the prescription working best for him.
2 comments:
It gives me chills every time someone says the word "teething". It makes me think of swollen and throbbing gums. I hope he wasn't in too much pain!!!
He is really just getting started. He's popped 4 out now but still has a bunch of bulges in his swollen gums. This is a kid that laughs hysterically at pain invoked by his big sis, so he's handling it very well.
Now, if I could only find out why he still wakes up freaked out at being alone in his crib at 3a almost every morning and put an end to that, it would be wonderful. Usually 1-2 oz of milk puts him back out pretty quick but sometimes he just has to come in our bed and kick us for a while before he settles back down.
Of course I wouldn't trade a minute of this experience but I want him to figure out how to calm himself down and be a peaceful all-night sleeper. We've done the 'Baby Wise' method and tried letting him try to learn to self-soothe but he's just such a cuddler and gets all convulsive if he's left alone too long. Maybe we need to leave him longer when he needs to sleep until he wears himself out and just gives up but we're just suckers for this kid and 30 minutes of screaming is my breaking point.
Post a Comment