Just before we arrived at the nail salon I told him we were going to get pampering pedicures together. To my relief, he thought about it for a moment then decided to just go with the flow. He loves a good toe cleaning as much as anyone and I suppose was a bit curious about the whole spa culture. He took an immediate liking to it.

I couldn't be more pleased that I got a break from the task and he got a real professional buffing. He even opted for a clear varnish. Looks great!

As we were leaving, we noticed there were 2 other men (not together) both getting pedicures and it made Ram feel just a bit more normal again. But to solidify the deal at our next stop, he regained his masculinity over a rack-o-ribs, thick steak & potatoes at Ruby Tuesday's.

Yum!

Then we caught a 10pm showing of Jackie Chan & Jet Li's new movie, Forbidden Kingdom. Half way through the movie I was yawning and wondering why someone as young as I think I am felt so old and was just wishing I could crawl into bed and pass out. But it was fun to stay out late and reconnect with my husband, sans enfants for a change, even though we both missed them terribly the whole night. Looking back now, the pedicures made an ordinary dinner & movie date night into something exciting and new for both of us.
2 comments:
what a fabulous idea!!! you are so creative and cute!
maybe i'll surprise doc with a spa dealio in 3 weeks when he has his own "39 forever" moment.
also, i just happened to go back and click on the comments of posts that i'd already commented on and discovered that you'd gone back and responded to many of my comments. it was like finding a bunch of emails from a friend...that i didn't know were waiting for me. i never thought to go back and read comments on previous posts. just full o-surprises, you!
♥ ~blue
Post a Comment