Thursday, April 10, 2008

Voluble

voluble \VOL-yuh-buhl\, adjective:

1. Characterized by a ready flow of speech.
2. Easily rolling or turning; rotating.
3. (Botany) Having the power or habit of turning or twining.
4. Zeth.

I love the word of the day email from Dictionary.com. I aspire to broaden and enrich my vocabulary so getting a daily dose of the English language is my little computer candy. Applying and utilizing the words of the day is the next challenge. When I read Voluble, I immediately thought of my little crawling, standing, turning, falling, happy, chatty, voluble baby boy who just passed the 7-month old mark yesterday.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sweet little Zeth...can't wait to meet him.

Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mountain Man said...

I have a word of the day game I play on Facebook. It's good because it challenges you to learn all sorts of words and you get another crack at it every 24 hours. You should add it!

star said...

Hi Kimber! I found your blog through facebook. Your family is adorable! Jeff and I are also bloggers and you are welcome to check it out. jeffandstar.blogspot.com
It was nice to catch up with you again. Finding friends from Hawaii really makes us miss it.

Take care!
Starlyn

Anonymous said...

very cute. bunch just asked to sign up for word-of-the-day. she loves it too.

♥ blue