
I have done a few performances in my lifetime but up until this point I had yet to ever learn any Samoan dances. Well I can check that one off my to-do list. (To my mainland friends this may sound inconsequential but where I'm living it's noteable.) We had an employee appreciation week event yesterday afternoon where a group of women were asked to dance a couple of Samoan numbers.
You can see us on YouTube by searching for posts by zanazeth if you want to watch our little show. It was lots of fun but I'm glad it's over. I'm not used to all the clapping and slapping. My hands were getting nerve damage from all the practicing.
Last night we had a dinner & concert where I crossed another thing off my list... dance on-stage with Kapena. OK OK so it was just the electric slide, and I didn't even know that was on my to-do list but a few of us did it before the entire faculty & staff of BYUH and had a blast in the process. No video of that available. Just as well.
Here's some stills of most of our Samoan group. The other 4 ladies vanished after the performance somehow. Good fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment